I recently heard newscaster Jane Pauley interviewed. She remarked that she had always been a bit embarrassed that she could never answer the standard question, “What’s your passion?” She said that she had always made career changes when she began to feel “finished” with the last role but the subsequent directions were more about opportunities [...]
In our culture, as Vince Lombardi said, “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” The idea is that the only way to flourish in any endeavor is to find a direction and then pursue it until you are successful. The problem is that many people doggedly work toward a goal but never advance their cause. [...]
Creating content is tricky because it needs to be engaging and persuasive. To attract attention and be consumed it must be surprising, entertaining, or informative. To be persuasive and inspire consumers to do something in response, it must have a clear call to action and a convincing message. In a world with a 24 hour [...]
It has become a tradition that I publish these ten commandments at the beginning of every year. I admit that there is a bit of laziness in this because I don’t have to create something new at a busy time, but I also think that these principles that I developed are comprehensive. I would like [...]
I read a lot of job descriptions. They all stress that they seek people who will be creative. I contend that creative groups are less about the inherent creativity of the members than it is about the business culture of the organization. The qualities of the team members ARE important, or course, but their expertise [...]
- The Passion Trap: It’s Not Enough to Find Your Passion January 23, 2014
- Quitting Time January 16, 2014
- Creating Valuable Content January 9, 2014
- Marketing Commandments for 2014 January 2, 2014
- Project Management: Build Creative Teams in Business December 26, 2013
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Marketing Communications in the Age of Anxiety July 19, 2012
- Defining Great Content January 24, 2013
- Recycling Content Overview May 3, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...