Recently I heard a discussion about the Cannes Film Festival on NPR. In his overview, critic John Powers mentioned that he had revised some of his original judgments later on. He was interviewed by Terry Gross. GROSS: Would you have voted for it (winner “Winter Sleep”) for the top prize? POWERS: Funny thing is – [...]
As commentators note, when the promotion of a product or service fails to translate into sales, the marketing department is easy to blame. It is just as likely that other factors are equally or more responsible but it is easier to point to a simple explanation. False Promises No matter how good the marketing is, [...]
Last week I forgot to do something that was very important to me. I can’t explain my memory lapse except that I had many distractions, but the situation reminded me of a book that I read recently. It is called “The Up Side of Down: Why Failing Well Is the Key to Success” by Megan [...]
It isn’t easy to get back to your preferred lifestyle after an extended break. I know; I have been away from my regular life since December 2013. During the holidays, I always go out to California to visit my mother. While I am there I try to help her manage things. She is 85 and [...]
I recently heard newscaster Jane Pauley interviewed. She remarked that she had always been a bit embarrassed that she could never answer the standard question, “What’s your passion?” She said that she had always made career changes when she began to feel “finished” with the last role but the subsequent directions were more about opportunities [...]
- Reflection Improves Critical Judgment June 12, 2014
- Why Marketing Fails June 5, 2014
- It’s My Mistake May 29, 2014
- Getting Back Into It after a Disruption May 22, 2014
- The Passion Trap: It’s Not Enough to Find Your Passion January 23, 2014
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- The Limits of Brand Research – Kay Byfield October 20, 2011
- Marketing Communications in the Age of Anxiety July 19, 2012
- Original Content April 17, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...