My heart goes out to the people of Moore, Oklahoma. As emergency personnel and government officials described the disaster relief efforts after the terrible tornado this week, I was reminded that many of the same steps are necessary for public relations crisis management. In both cases, the crisis is often difficult to avert but effective [...]
Everyone hates to fail but innovation and progress cannot happen without risk-taking and conflict. And with risk comes failure. In fact, I would guess that risk takers fail more than they succeed. As Samuel Smiles said in 1859, “We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by [...]
A few years ago business Facebook pages were all the rage. The word was that companies that didn’t jump on it were going to be left in the dust. Facebook for business was assumed to be the perfect leveler because it had no cost and allowed the little guy to promote himself and compete with [...]
Groups of all sizes and varieties create a system of relationships. Good communications must always be designed to facilitate the functionality of the entire system. Because internal and external communications are essential to the success of any business, adopting a systems approach will improve the overall operation of the business. According to a systems approach [...]
- A Public Relations Crisis Management Allegory: The Tornado May 23, 2013
- In Business, Failure Is Always An Option May 16, 2013
- Facebook: Bad for Business? May 9, 2013
- A Systems Approach to Business Communications May 2, 2013
- Social Media for Confidential Services April 25, 2013
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- The Limits of Brand Research – Kay Byfield October 20, 2011
- Management: Improving Workplace Ethics January 17, 2013
- Defining Great Content January 24, 2013
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...