Last week I forgot to do something that was very important to me. I can’t explain my memory lapse except that I had many distractions, but the situation reminded me of a book that I read recently. It is called “The Up Side of Down: Why Failing Well Is the Key to Success” by Megan [...]
In our culture, as Vince Lombardi said, “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” The idea is that the only way to flourish in any endeavor is to find a direction and then pursue it until you are successful. The problem is that many people doggedly work toward a goal but never advance their cause. [...]
My personal curiosity about human behavior and my business interests converge when I begin considering how people make choices. As a result, I read a lot of books about decision-making processes. As a marketer, I need to understand how customers make buying selections and what factors will impact their behavior. As a person, I’d like [...]
Scott Stratten warned us that it was an off night. He had just returned from Istanbul where he had eaten some very bad chicken and he was still too weak to stand or to stay after the program to mingle. Despite the disclaimer, he was very good and I will go out of my way [...]
A lot of things that seem obvious to everyone just aren’t true. I am a big fan of books that describe contemporary research into behavior and processes like decision making, motivation and development. That’s what leads me to read Malcolm Gladwell, Sheena Iyengar, Daniel Pink, Robert Sapolsky and others. My latest excursion was into “What [...]
- Reflection Improves Critical Judgment June 12, 2014
- Why Marketing Fails June 5, 2014
- It’s My Mistake May 29, 2014
- Getting Back Into It after a Disruption May 22, 2014
- The Passion Trap: It’s Not Enough to Find Your Passion January 23, 2014
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- The Limits of Brand Research – Kay Byfield October 20, 2011
- Marketing Communications in the Age of Anxiety July 19, 2012
- Original Content April 17, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...