Scott Stratten warned us that it was an off night. He had just returned from Istanbul where he had eaten some very bad chicken and he was still too weak to stand or to stay after the program to mingle. Despite the disclaimer, he was very good and I will go out of my way [...]
A lot of things that seem obvious to everyone just aren’t true. I am a big fan of books that describe contemporary research into behavior and processes like decision making, motivation and development. That’s what leads me to read Malcolm Gladwell, Sheena Iyengar, Daniel Pink, Robert Sapolsky and others. My latest excursion was into “What [...]
Employees are reporting declining satisfaction with their jobs. This probably results from increased fear about job security, lower pay, and increased workloads. Researchers at PayScale, Inc. have discovered that the top 30 jobs for satisfaction include three factors: good salary, authority, and the ability to help others. Higher paying jobs usually involve more responsibility and [...]
- In Business, Failure Is Always An Option May 16, 2013
- Facebook: Bad for Business? May 9, 2013
- A Systems Approach to Business Communications May 2, 2013
- Social Media for Confidential Services April 25, 2013
- The Lone Ranger of Social Media in Confidential Services April 18, 2013
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- The Limits of Brand Research – Kay Byfield October 20, 2011
- Content Strategy in the Three Ring Circus August 23, 2012
- Management: Improving Workplace Ethics January 17, 2013
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...