Finding the right people for an organization is tricky because selections involve processes that are created by people. People have personalities, histories, and idiosyncrasies that can be unacknowledged but influential. The process of selecting new people to become part of the organization gets extremely complicated when those powerful intangibles go unrecognized. Identifying the key requirements [...]
The story about the bullying of Jonathan Martin of the Miami Dolphins by teammate Ricky Incognito is all over the news. When Martin walked out on the team, there were many varied reactions but then recordings demonstrated that the harassment included racial slurs and threats of violence. That led analysts to note that Incognito’s excessive [...]
As a marketer, I have always found that it is more difficult to market myself than it is to market a business or someone else. I don’t like describing who I am because it feels like bragging and I would rather let people discover my abilities for themselves. When I craft my resume, however, I [...]
I’ve been seeing a lot of discussions about the workplace biases against women lately. On The Takeaway on NPR this week there was a discussion of Women on Wall Street that revisited the furor unleashed by Paul Tudor Jones during the panel discussion at the University of Virginia in April. The assertion by Jones that women [...]
My personal curiosity about human behavior and my business interests converge when I begin considering how people make choices. As a result, I read a lot of books about decision-making processes. As a marketer, I need to understand how customers make buying selections and what factors will impact their behavior. As a person, I’d like [...]
- Marketing to Get What You Want December 5, 2013
- Motivate Colleagues by Showing Appreciation November 28, 2013
- Successfully Managing Content Projects November 21, 2013
- Communication is About People: Employee Selection November 14, 2013
- Bullying is Bad for Business November 7, 2013
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Management: Improving Workplace Ethics January 17, 2013
- Original Content April 17, 2012
- What’s in a Word? June 7, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...