Last Saturday I attended the WordPress Meet-up in Dallas hosted by Tony Cecala. Sean Jackson was the featured speaker for the January meeting. Jackson explained how to make money as a blogger. Sean Jackson is a partner at Copyblogger and I have heard him talk about digital marketing several times. He does terrific, thoughtful presentations. [...]
My family lived in New Orleans for nine years when my children were small. It is customary there for businesses to give a “lagniappe” when there is a transaction. For instance, if you buy a dozen donuts, the business will give you an additional one as “a little something extra.” That thanks you for your [...]
According to SiteSwan at the end of July, more than 50% of small businesses do not have a website. How can that be? These days it is clear that a website is a very important tool for establishing the legitimacy of a business. At the least, the website should include a description of the company, [...]
1960s comedian Rodney Dangerfield constantly whined that he “got no respect.” People thought he was funny because his complaint echoed how we all feel. Imagine being an NFL football referee last week. In Baltimore they were cheered when they came back after the three week lockout during a contract dispute. The owners seem to have [...]
- A Public Relations Crisis Management Allegory: The Tornado May 23, 2013
- In Business, Failure Is Always An Option May 16, 2013
- Facebook: Bad for Business? May 9, 2013
- A Systems Approach to Business Communications May 2, 2013
- Social Media for Confidential Services April 25, 2013
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- The Limits of Brand Research – Kay Byfield October 20, 2011
- Management: Improving Workplace Ethics January 17, 2013
- Defining Great Content January 24, 2013
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...