Using branding, marketers try to establish a positive impression, compel action, and then build customer loyalty. As a content marketer I am accustomed to considering how appearance and sound (speech, music, text) build brands, but had not thought much about smell until I read Beau Friedlander’s article, “A Brief History of Scent.” The piece discusses [...]
Individuals have personalities and value systems. So do companies. In marketing “Brand Identity” is the word that describes the persona of a person as well as of an organization. For collectives and individuals, knowing your key branding components will maintain consistency within the brand. Our Behavior Provides Brand Cues Because the character of a group [...]
In a recent post I argued that Facebook can be very useful as a public relations tool but is not a good way to advertise. Instead, Facebook can provide a wonderful channel to build visibility, engagement, and commitment to the brand. The goal is to increase traffic on the Facebook page and translate that into sales. [...]
Last Saturday I attended the WordPress Meet-up in Dallas hosted by Tony Cecala. Sean Jackson was the featured speaker for the January meeting. Jackson explained how to make money as a blogger. Sean Jackson is a partner at Copyblogger and I have heard him talk about digital marketing several times. He does terrific, thoughtful presentations. [...]
My family lived in New Orleans for nine years when my children were small. It is customary there for businesses to give a “lagniappe” when there is a transaction. For instance, if you buy a dozen donuts, the business will give you an additional one as “a little something extra.” That thanks you for your [...]
- Reflection Improves Critical Judgment June 12, 2014
- Why Marketing Fails June 5, 2014
- It’s My Mistake May 29, 2014
- Getting Back Into It after a Disruption May 22, 2014
- The Passion Trap: It’s Not Enough to Find Your Passion January 23, 2014
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- The Limits of Brand Research – Kay Byfield October 20, 2011
- Marketing Communications in the Age of Anxiety July 19, 2012
- Original Content April 17, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...