It’s Thanksgiving. I really like this holiday because it reminds us to look at all of our accomplishments and the benefits we enjoy rather than focusing on our disappointments. I try to do that every other day as well, but it can be hard sometimes and Thanksgiving focuses attention on gratefulness. What are the benefits [...]
Last week I finished up a short-term intensive project creating revisions and new content for the launch of three new websites for a mid-sized financial company. In order to reinforce their reputation for integrity and to extend their services to customers, the new websites include additional functionality and useful resources. Beyond the commonly available basic [...]
Once upon a time, not so long ago, there were clear markers that helped readers and viewers to judge reliability. In those days, the context provided the audience with an easy way to evaluate the quality of information. If it was on the news pages of a newspaper or newscast it could be assumed to [...]
Last week I was a participant in a focus group. We looked exhaustively at messaging for a new drug that will be sold to people like me. The other members of the group included a retired fourth grade teacher, a retired bus driver, and a call center representative. As a member of this panel, I [...]
Recently, I managed the development of a brochure for a construction service company. Their goal was to expand their sales by helping them to partner with building contractors. Their customers include homeowners but they also act as subcontractors to builders. The target for this initiative was other businesses because corporate clients repeat and the revenue [...]
- Marketing to Get What You Want December 5, 2013
- Motivate Colleagues by Showing Appreciation November 28, 2013
- Successfully Managing Content Projects November 21, 2013
- Communication is About People: Employee Selection November 14, 2013
- Bullying is Bad for Business November 7, 2013
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Management: Improving Workplace Ethics January 17, 2013
- Original Content April 17, 2012
- What’s in a Word? June 7, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...