Creating content is tricky because it needs to be engaging and persuasive. To attract attention and be consumed it must be surprising, entertaining, or informative. To be persuasive and inspire consumers to do something in response, it must have a clear call to action and a convincing message. In a world with a 24 hour [...]
Yes, for great content you do need to know how to write or speak fluently. And yes, you also need to know what you want to say, but the biggest content mistake you can make is to lack knowledge your audience. For your content to be effective, it must be tailored to the intended recipients. [...]
This last week the FTC held an informational workshop in Washington DC concerning the use of native advertising. Advertisers are clearly in defense-mode. The government is trying to investigate whether native advertising somehow leaves customers without accurate information on which to base purchase decisions. The History of Advertising Advertising has traditionally been clearly placed by [...]
It’s Thanksgiving. I really like this holiday because it reminds us to look at all of our accomplishments and the benefits we enjoy rather than focusing on our disappointments. I try to do that every other day as well, but it can be hard sometimes and Thanksgiving focuses attention on gratefulness. What are the benefits [...]
Last week I finished up a short-term intensive project creating revisions and new content for the launch of three new websites for a mid-sized financial company. In order to reinforce their reputation for integrity and to extend their services to customers, the new websites include additional functionality and useful resources. Beyond the commonly available basic [...]
- Reflection Improves Critical Judgment June 12, 2014
- Why Marketing Fails June 5, 2014
- It’s My Mistake May 29, 2014
- Getting Back Into It after a Disruption May 22, 2014
- The Passion Trap: It’s Not Enough to Find Your Passion January 23, 2014
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- The Limits of Brand Research – Kay Byfield October 20, 2011
- Marketing Communications in the Age of Anxiety July 19, 2012
- Original Content April 17, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...