Last week I forgot to do something that was very important to me. I can’t explain my memory lapse except that I had many distractions, but the situation reminded me of a book that I read recently. It is called “The Up Side of Down: Why Failing Well Is the Key to Success” by Megan [...]
We all know that, with a large enough sample, a minority of factors accounts for the majority of the work, income, attention, emotional investment etc. that will be required. In economics, this is called the Pareto Principle and is also known as the 80/20 Rule. It asserts that about 80% of the results will come [...]
Because no company can “do it all” in marketing, I advocate that you choose approaches that allow you to be consistent and reach the right audiences. This will enables you to grow your business by focusing on what you enjoy, do well, and can maintain. The first local business I would like to introduce for [...]
- Reflection Improves Critical Judgment June 12, 2014
- Why Marketing Fails June 5, 2014
- It’s My Mistake May 29, 2014
- Getting Back Into It after a Disruption May 22, 2014
- The Passion Trap: It’s Not Enough to Find Your Passion January 23, 2014
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- The Limits of Brand Research – Kay Byfield October 20, 2011
- Marketing Communications in the Age of Anxiety July 19, 2012
- Original Content April 17, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...