I attended the Social Media Club of Dallas meeting on October 24th to hear Dean McBeth, one of the architects of the hit “Manliest Man” campaign for Old Spice described this best-in-class example of a multi-channel social media campaign. Leveraging Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and other channels, these promotions featured Isaiah Mustafa as the Old [...]
Lead and they will follow. With social media, the problem can be in finding somewhere to go. Especially if you are already on your way. This week I visited with another marketing practitioner. He was telling me about his frustration. He had been experimenting with a successful Facebook initiative but now that he has it, [...]
In a recent post I argued that Facebook can be very useful as a public relations tool but is not a good way to advertise. Instead, Facebook can provide a wonderful channel to build visibility, engagement, and commitment to the brand. The goal is to increase traffic on the Facebook page and translate that into sales. [...]
A few years ago business Facebook pages were all the rage. The word was that companies that didn’t jump on it were going to be left in the dust. Facebook for business was assumed to be the perfect leveler because it had no cost and allowed the little guy to promote himself and compete with [...]
- Marketing to Get What You Want December 5, 2013
- Motivate Colleagues by Showing Appreciation November 28, 2013
- Successfully Managing Content Projects November 21, 2013
- Communication is About People: Employee Selection November 14, 2013
- Bullying is Bad for Business November 7, 2013
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Management: Improving Workplace Ethics January 17, 2013
- Original Content April 17, 2012
- What’s in a Word? June 7, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...