Last week, CEO Marissa Mayer shook up the business world by announcing that Yahoo would stop allowing employees to work at home after June. In recent years, more workers have begun to telecommute and outsourcing to off-site contractors has become commonplace, so this decision was startling, especially from an internet company. There has been a [...]
I was surprised this last weekend to hear a retraction on public radio’s “This American Life” concerning an earlier story they had done called “Mr. Daisey and the Apple Factory”. CNN had a good analysis of the controversy on March 22. As CNN notes, this is just another example of the contemporary blurring between facts [...]
If you haven’t seen “The Artist” yet, you might want to do that soon (although it will probably stay in theaters since it is a leading contender for an Oscar in many categories). I found it to be uncommonly entertaining, smart, and emotionally engaging. I cannot begin to understand how all those different descriptors can [...]
The Art of Marketing I have two passions (in truth, I have a few more than that, but let’s start there)—Marketing and Art. The avant-garde artist Demien Hirst is a master of both. You may not know that I have been a painter for 30 years and was a college art professor for ten. I [...]
Anticipatory Marketing Much has been written in the wake of Steve Jobs’s death about his incredible marketing abilities even though he refused to follow the tried-and-true standards for marketing success. Despite the established doctrine that you find what your customer wants and then give it to them, Jobs didn’t ask customers their opinions. Instead, Apple [...]
- In Business, Failure Is Always An Option May 16, 2013
- Facebook: Bad for Business? May 9, 2013
- A Systems Approach to Business Communications May 2, 2013
- Social Media for Confidential Services April 25, 2013
- The Lone Ranger of Social Media in Confidential Services April 18, 2013
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Common Sense and Real Sense March 22, 2012
- Linking to Power March 8, 2012
- Making Critical Business Decisions March 1, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...