My family lived in New Orleans for nine years when my children were small. It is customary there for businesses to give a “lagniappe” when there is a transaction. For instance, if you buy a dozen donuts, the business will give you an additional one as “a little something extra.” That thanks you for your [...]
Celebrations of thankfulness/gratitude are common around the world. They are important because, as we go forward, we need to take stock of where we are and have been. Thanksgiving is a time to do that. The the top of most Thanksgiving lists includes the quality of our central relationships (family, friends, work). What we call [...]
1960s comedian Rodney Dangerfield constantly whined that he “got no respect.” People thought he was funny because his complaint echoed how we all feel. Imagine being an NFL football referee last week. In Baltimore they were cheered when they came back after the three week lockout during a contract dispute. The owners seem to have [...]
These are hard times. The economy is bad enough, but all the guidelines we used to follow are all in transition. Our communications, etiquette, education and training, work lives, government, entertainment, and other processes of all kinds are up for grabs. I don’t believe anyone has confidence in this uncertain world and that undermines our [...]
- In Business, Failure Is Always An Option May 16, 2013
- Facebook: Bad for Business? May 9, 2013
- A Systems Approach to Business Communications May 2, 2013
- Social Media for Confidential Services April 25, 2013
- The Lone Ranger of Social Media in Confidential Services April 18, 2013
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Common Sense and Real Sense March 22, 2012
- Linking to Power March 8, 2012
- Making Critical Business Decisions March 1, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...