I recently heard newscaster Jane Pauley interviewed. She remarked that she had always been a bit embarrassed that she could never answer the standard question, “What’s your passion?” She said that she had always made career changes when she began to feel “finished” with the last role but the subsequent directions were more about opportunities [...]
In our culture, as Vince Lombardi said, “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” The idea is that the only way to flourish in any endeavor is to find a direction and then pursue it until you are successful. The problem is that many people doggedly work toward a goal but never advance their cause. [...]
It is vital to all of us to get our needs met. If you are searching for a job or running a business, you need to find people who will want what you have to offer and persuade them to buy. The crucial issues are to Be able to specifically identify the top five goals [...]
The story about the bullying of Jonathan Martin of the Miami Dolphins by teammate Ricky Incognito is all over the news. When Martin walked out on the team, there were many varied reactions but then recordings demonstrated that the harassment included racial slurs and threats of violence. That led analysts to note that Incognito’s excessive [...]
As a marketer, I have always found that it is more difficult to market myself than it is to market a business or someone else. I don’t like describing who I am because it feels like bragging and I would rather let people discover my abilities for themselves. When I craft my resume, however, I [...]
- The Passion Trap: It’s Not Enough to Find Your Passion January 23, 2014
- Quitting Time January 16, 2014
- Creating Valuable Content January 9, 2014
- Marketing Commandments for 2014 January 2, 2014
- Project Management: Build Creative Teams in Business December 26, 2013
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Marketing Communications in the Age of Anxiety July 19, 2012
- Defining Great Content January 24, 2013
- Recycling Content Overview May 3, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...