Case Studies of Crisis Management Steps Paula Deen’s financial empire continues to unravel after complaints that she had used the “N” word and told offensive racist jokes. Her appearance on the Today Show only muddied the waters. It demonstrates her lack of understanding about the repercussions of her responses to the questions. A skilled public [...]
My heart goes out to the people of Moore, Oklahoma. As emergency personnel and government officials described the disaster relief efforts after the terrible tornado this week, I was reminded that many of the same steps are necessary for public relations crisis management. In both cases, the crisis is often difficult to avert but effective [...]
A few years ago business Facebook pages were all the rage. The word was that companies that didn’t jump on it were going to be left in the dust. Facebook for business was assumed to be the perfect leveler because it had no cost and allowed the little guy to promote himself and compete with [...]
Last week, CEO Marissa Mayer shook up the business world by announcing that Yahoo would stop allowing employees to work at home after June. In recent years, more workers have begun to telecommute and outsourcing to off-site contractors has become commonplace, so this decision was startling, especially from an internet company. There has been a [...]
My family lived in New Orleans for nine years when my children were small. It is customary there for businesses to give a “lagniappe” when there is a transaction. For instance, if you buy a dozen donuts, the business will give you an additional one as “a little something extra.” That thanks you for your [...]
- The Passion Trap: It’s Not Enough to Find Your Passion January 23, 2014
- Quitting Time January 16, 2014
- Creating Valuable Content January 9, 2014
- Marketing Commandments for 2014 January 2, 2014
- Project Management: Build Creative Teams in Business December 26, 2013
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Marketing Communications in the Age of Anxiety July 19, 2012
- Defining Great Content January 24, 2013
- Recycling Content Overview May 3, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...