My heart goes out to the people of Moore, Oklahoma. As emergency personnel and government officials described the disaster relief efforts after the terrible tornado this week, I was reminded that many of the same steps are necessary for public relations crisis management. In both cases, the crisis is often difficult to avert but effective [...]
A few years ago business Facebook pages were all the rage. The word was that companies that didn’t jump on it were going to be left in the dust. Facebook for business was assumed to be the perfect leveler because it had no cost and allowed the little guy to promote himself and compete with [...]
Last week, CEO Marissa Mayer shook up the business world by announcing that Yahoo would stop allowing employees to work at home after June. In recent years, more workers have begun to telecommute and outsourcing to off-site contractors has become commonplace, so this decision was startling, especially from an internet company. There has been a [...]
My family lived in New Orleans for nine years when my children were small. It is customary there for businesses to give a “lagniappe” when there is a transaction. For instance, if you buy a dozen donuts, the business will give you an additional one as “a little something extra.” That thanks you for your [...]
Celebrations of thankfulness/gratitude are common around the world. They are important because, as we go forward, we need to take stock of where we are and have been. Thanksgiving is a time to do that. The the top of most Thanksgiving lists includes the quality of our central relationships (family, friends, work). What we call [...]
- A Public Relations Crisis Management Allegory: The Tornado May 23, 2013
- In Business, Failure Is Always An Option May 16, 2013
- Facebook: Bad for Business? May 9, 2013
- A Systems Approach to Business Communications May 2, 2013
- Social Media for Confidential Services April 25, 2013
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- The Limits of Brand Research – Kay Byfield October 20, 2011
- Management: Improving Workplace Ethics January 17, 2013
- Defining Great Content January 24, 2013
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...