Last week I finished up a short-term intensive project creating revisions and new content for the launch of three new websites for a mid-sized financial company. In order to reinforce their reputation for integrity and to extend their services to customers, the new websites include additional functionality and useful resources. Beyond the commonly available basic [...]
I have been driving past this company headquarters on the highway for years. Every time I see the building I wish they had benefitted from some savvy advice before they put up that unfortunate marketing tagline. Traditionally, a tagline has been considered an essential part of an effective marketing campaign and there are guidelines about [...]
Business people often reach out to me to help them enhance their marketing strategy by adding new initiatives. I often wonder why they didn’t start by determining their marketing objectives. If there isn’t a clear goal for adding one more channel, don’t do it. Before you begin, have a clear idea how additional avenues will [...]
Everyone hates to fail but innovation and progress cannot happen without risk-taking and conflict. And with risk comes failure. In fact, I would guess that risk takers fail more than they succeed. As Samuel Smiles said in 1859, “We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by [...]
Marketing projects require the same systematic approach that is common to all business initiatives. Establishing the objectives, determining strategic options, making selections and then implementing them requires the same kinds of methodology that is needed for every organizational activity. A process must be established but it must be flexible enough to accommodate unforeseen complications. Adaptive [...]
- Marketing to Get What You Want December 5, 2013
- Motivate Colleagues by Showing Appreciation November 28, 2013
- Successfully Managing Content Projects November 21, 2013
- Communication is About People: Employee Selection November 14, 2013
- Bullying is Bad for Business November 7, 2013
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Management: Improving Workplace Ethics January 17, 2013
- Original Content April 17, 2012
- What’s in a Word? June 7, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...