As commentators note, when the promotion of a product or service fails to translate into sales, the marketing department is easy to blame. It is just as likely that other factors are equally or more responsible but it is easier to point to a simple explanation. False Promises No matter how good the marketing is, [...]
It isn’t easy to get back to your preferred lifestyle after an extended break. I know; I have been away from my regular life since December 2013. During the holidays, I always go out to California to visit my mother. While I am there I try to help her manage things. She is 85 and [...]
Last week I finished up a short-term intensive project creating revisions and new content for the launch of three new websites for a mid-sized financial company. In order to reinforce their reputation for integrity and to extend their services to customers, the new websites include additional functionality and useful resources. Beyond the commonly available basic [...]
I have been driving past this company headquarters on the highway for years. Every time I see the building I wish they had benefitted from some savvy advice before they put up that unfortunate marketing tagline. Traditionally, a tagline has been considered an essential part of an effective marketing campaign and there are guidelines about [...]
Business people often reach out to me to help them enhance their marketing strategy by adding new initiatives. I often wonder why they didn’t start by determining their marketing objectives. If there isn’t a clear goal for adding one more channel, don’t do it. Before you begin, have a clear idea how additional avenues will [...]
- Reflection Improves Critical Judgment June 12, 2014
- Why Marketing Fails June 5, 2014
- It’s My Mistake May 29, 2014
- Getting Back Into It after a Disruption May 22, 2014
- The Passion Trap: It’s Not Enough to Find Your Passion January 23, 2014
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- The Limits of Brand Research – Kay Byfield October 20, 2011
- Marketing Communications in the Age of Anxiety July 19, 2012
- Original Content April 17, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...