Everyone hates to fail but innovation and progress cannot happen without risk-taking and conflict. And with risk comes failure. In fact, I would guess that risk takers fail more than they succeed. As Samuel Smiles said in 1859, “We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by [...]
Marketing projects require the same systematic approach that is common to all business initiatives. Establishing the objectives, determining strategic options, making selections and then implementing them requires the same kinds of methodology that is needed for every organizational activity. A process must be established but it must be flexible enough to accommodate unforeseen complications. Adaptive [...]
Last week, CEO Marissa Mayer shook up the business world by announcing that Yahoo would stop allowing employees to work at home after June. In recent years, more workers have begun to telecommute and outsourcing to off-site contractors has become commonplace, so this decision was startling, especially from an internet company. There has been a [...]
We all know that, with a large enough sample, a minority of factors accounts for the majority of the work, income, attention, emotional investment etc. that will be required. In economics, this is called the Pareto Principle and is also known as the 80/20 Rule. It asserts that about 80% of the results will come [...]
In the 1950s, workers in the average office all looked alike. Now, there are women and many different cultures and backgrounds at all functional levels in the workplace. The greater the dissimilarities in the group, the larger the barriers to communication. From a practical standpoint, an organization must find ways to bridge those gaps despite [...]
- In Business, Failure Is Always An Option May 16, 2013
- Facebook: Bad for Business? May 9, 2013
- A Systems Approach to Business Communications May 2, 2013
- Social Media for Confidential Services April 25, 2013
- The Lone Ranger of Social Media in Confidential Services April 18, 2013
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Common Sense and Real Sense March 22, 2012
- Linking to Power March 8, 2012
- Making Critical Business Decisions March 1, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...