It has become a tradition that I publish these ten commandments at the beginning of every year. I admit that there is a bit of laziness in this because I don’t have to create something new at a busy time, but I also think that these principles that I developed are comprehensive. I would like [...]
My family lived in New Orleans for nine years when my children were small. It is customary there for businesses to give a “lagniappe” when there is a transaction. For instance, if you buy a dozen donuts, the business will give you an additional one as “a little something extra.” That thanks you for your [...]
Last week I mentioned that, on average, it takes seven exposures to complete the conversion of a prospect. That is called the frequency principle of marketing. Reach is the number of people in the audience. This requires that you determine who your receptive targets are and address them with messages and using media to which [...]
Because no company can “do it all” in marketing, I advocate that you choose approaches that allow you to be consistent and reach the right audiences. This will enables you to grow your business by focusing on what you enjoy, do well, and can maintain. The first local business I would like to introduce for [...]
- The Passion Trap: It’s Not Enough to Find Your Passion January 23, 2014
- Quitting Time January 16, 2014
- Creating Valuable Content January 9, 2014
- Marketing Commandments for 2014 January 2, 2014
- Project Management: Build Creative Teams in Business December 26, 2013
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Marketing Communications in the Age of Anxiety July 19, 2012
- Defining Great Content January 24, 2013
- Recycling Content Overview May 3, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...