I attended the Social Media Club of Dallas meeting on October 24th to hear Dean McBeth, one of the architects of the hit “Manliest Man” campaign for Old Spice described this best-in-class example of a multi-channel social media campaign. Leveraging Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and other channels, these promotions featured Isaiah Mustafa as the Old [...]
I avoid being on camera these days because recordings confirm that I am “middle-aged.” In a youth culture, and working in a field which relies on technology, being perceived as old is a liability. Because I am conscious of that, I do not do on camera interviews as I once did. I did create a [...]
- Reflection Improves Critical Judgment June 12, 2014
- Why Marketing Fails June 5, 2014
- It’s My Mistake May 29, 2014
- Getting Back Into It after a Disruption May 22, 2014
- The Passion Trap: It’s Not Enough to Find Your Passion January 23, 2014
- Applying Social Media August 25, 2011
- Start Something That Matters December 15, 2011
- The Limits of Brand Research – Kay Byfield October 20, 2011
- Marketing Communications in the Age of Anxiety July 19, 2012
- Original Content April 17, 2012
- Disadvantages/Advantages of Telecommuting | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] “While the Cat’s Away, the Mice Will Pla...
- Marketing: Art and Generosity | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] the 24 hour news cycle and digital publishin...
- Defining Great Content | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] and always worthwhile. Here is a more specif...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] written a post about choice. And I have even...
- Marketing by LIMITING Choice | Dallas Marketing | Stand-Out Communication: [...] is not the first time I have written a post ...